Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > This is not fair ds708
This is not fair ds708

7756 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2013-12-10 19:22:02

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic
    2013-09-25 12:13:06
     Hello to everyone  on the forum and tech support  I am very disappointed  after reading many post on this forum regarding ds708  and I want to give my 2 cents worth  many of you may know me from here or another web site related to maxidas ds 708  and I think we all agree the this so call one year of free updates has been nothing but bug fixing rather than updates this should not be call updates  specially when the fix has come mainly from us the end user
    and still there are a bunch of functions in every single make and model that has not been fix  and all of a sudden autel is launching a new scanner that claims it will do wonders  autel seem to have forgotten why many of us are buying this scanner in the first place but i will remind you is because the empty promise from the other scanner manufactures promises that never happended and you don't want to do the same thing here ds708 was suppost to do a lot of things that is not doing it  in other words is not finished I am not asking for free new updates I am only asking for what i think is fair for all of us(  please fix the one we already have ) I don't see how in the world autel is going to sell the new product  i am a member of many websites related to autel and this is the opinion of thousands of ds708 owners I relly hope autel listen and do something about this I look forward to your better future good day.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    scott

2013-09-25 13:48:29 (Reply to:jmechanic)

This was also the point I tried to explain to them, all they want to say is after 1 year and your on your own. I am with you that allot of functions don't work. Why should you can pay more money to get these function's to possibly work through tool update or by buying there new tool?  Most scan-tools made and sold in America will give updates to fix the holes in there software so that the tool does what it should. This does not give you updated use for newer models or new function's for the tool it just fixes current software. It looks like they are going to run always from doing the right thing here and give there competitors a reason to buy from them. 

•   Level 5   
    (254) points
    De Technician

2013-09-25 14:17:36 (Reply to:jmechanic)

i  totally agree  with both   person i was also tryn to say that  our aint here is to get autel to recognize that  we styill have there product and will to keep it if  decide to sell it all we can say its look goog but it have issue  to avoid giving autel a bad name we asking to look at the ds708  other company selling there product  and update every month

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-09-27 22:57:37 (Reply to:De Technician)

Thanks everybody.
    Maybe we miscalculate the complexity about update program levels. 
    I will forward your request to our engineers.

•   Level 2   
    (34) points

2013-11-28 13:44:22 (Reply to:Autel Support)

it will make update for older cars from 1991 to 2000 where at least autel disappointed me? and if so when a year or two? I already think this tool to change

•   Level 2   
    (34) points

2013-11-28 13:46:11 (Reply to:Autel Support)

honestly there are many such tools that work better and better prices

•   Level 2   
    (34) points

2013-11-28 13:52:06 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I had problems with fiat multipla 1999 does not connect to the computer, mercedes vito 1999 does not connect to the computer and can continue the list is long. Response to issues not received until the moment of meeting autel word so as I said starting to be very disappointed with this tool

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    TJ3

2013-12-10 02:11:12

I can only speak for US market.  This tool is kick a$$ for the money.  
    I know I've made my money over and over. I work on 90% European.  And you must be cheap b@$tards like me 'cause you bought a new scanner from a relatively new company based out of China. Hopefully some salesman or tool guy didn't lie to you about a dream scanner for less than $2000.  Your fault for not doing your homework or getting a good demo.  
    Jmechanic you said you bought yours straight from China.  You're definitely a cheap b@$tard.  You didn't even contribute to the US market operations.  And now all this complaining?  I know I've called tech support a million times over the last 2+ years but that will happen with any new product.  I know I learned from this purchase and we know Autel did too.  But they're not gonna go back in time and turn your $1800 scanner into a $3000 scanner. And not for free.
    You took a chance.  Learn what this tool does well and make your money.  Use the best tool you have for the job.  So pull out the Ross Tech setup for VAG (VW/Audi) for example.  Yeah, the DS708 will get in there but its slower on them.
    This field is a moving target: the OEMs keep changing stuff and restricting info to hold us back and the computers (scanners) like any technology keeps changing overnight too.  We as techs have to keep learning through experience and training as well.

Cheers

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic
    2013-12-10 19:22:02 (Reply to:TJ3)
     hey you idiot  before you go around calling people cheap bastards  you should first grow up a little then read a little more  you will realize I have been around before you where where fricking born  and there is no way I could have bought my scanner in the usa if I don't live in the us  second you go and spend 30.000 plus dollars in american scanners that are not worth a dime  then go and buy 50,000 plus on original oem tools  and on top of that have to pay subscriptions to all this us dealers to be able continue using the tool   and all you did was you bought( an original 708 from usa)  you are the number one cheap bastard here     and i am not complaining about anything  I just call the facts  and all the shit you are enjoying now from the ds708 most likely came from my so call complaining  besides this  scanner is made in china not usa so  i buy from china  and i don't need costumer support   I know what the hell am doing unlike you so go preach somewhere else  good bye.
  Total1 Pages